Portal with multiple worlds

Hi,

Lets start with saying that I use Paperserver for my family and it works like a charm ( with up to a couple of players at least) so far !

My question: I want to create a portal which gives access to a shared survival-world, as well as some specific worlds (like an arena for minigames or something like that).
What is the best/most efficient and convenient way to proceed with such a thing in Paperserver?
Should I use multiverse plugin? what confuses me about that is that i don’t see how the various worlds relate ( i.e. nether belongs to which world? What if i would have two survival worlds?).
’ Bungee’ or waterfall might be more clear on connecting different worlds, but there i would have to run all those multiple worlds all the time…

I.e. is Waterfall the way to go, even though I would need multiple servers running?

Thanks for any pointers to what is the best way for this.

Second question is, if I would like to create some interesting locations like a mansion nearby the village, is there a way to do that? I know about the schematic files to be used with worldedit , but they appear to be only the building ( if i understand correctly)

Thanks!

Alex.

Hi buddy, are you trying to do via the manually loops ?

Regards,
J. Smith

Multiverse is one way to go, to answer your question about the nether: All the worlds would share the same nether. You can create your own nether world but nether portals would not direct you there. There’s a plugin called MultiversePortals which can allow portals to worlds, but I haven’t really tried it out.

Hi Hydrogen and jimicev, thanks for your replies.

Yes, I was just wondering what the most convenient /easiest way would be.
Right now, I just have a couple of worlds in parallel and I just start the worlds the kids want to play on ( and I pre-set them in the client on different ports).

Basically, I would like a ‘cool and easy’ experience for the kids and their friends ( age 8-10, so no really difficult stuff).

Mmm interesting, just wondering how that would work, sharing the Nether. But maybe I should just try.
( i.e, I wouldn;t mind, I think I would probably have one or maybe two survival worlds in parallel with some mini-game worlds.

Best,

Alex.

Hi team, any further update on this, as of now?

Regards,
Jimi Smith

To be honest, I am unsure what ‘manual loops’ are.

I am trying to create a simple portal for my kids to go to a) their survival world, and b) some additional worlds for minigames, instead of letting them select various worlds from the client…

Try out Multiverse + MultiversePortals.