Paper 1.16.4 Tps drops to 18 every 20min on ubuntu 20.4

Hello so my Server runs on old hardware but running on windows worked fine as far as i can tell but on linux ubuntu 20.04 with openjdk 14 gives me a lot of tps drops. always after 20min the entity tick rate skyrockets https://timings.aikar.co/?id=da774638f1fc4d97abbd0a9a4ab5862e
its a new server so no crazy farms (i have a guardian farm)

My friends drop at the same time. tried restarting and entity fixer and anti lag and what not
the view distance is set to 10 and ram is 8-10Gb

ive set all the flags and i also tried without the flags … still the same

I hope somebody has an idea cause im getting frustrated.

server is an old proliant g6 dl360 with 10k Sas drives

flying around works fine chunk gen isnt slow and the server starts very fast.
we’ve had set the chunk gen to 32 and it still worked but crashed after 20 min
always the same error javaIO.Exception: connection was forefully closed from remote host.(something like that)

Within the space of the hour, you had a singular tick where you didn’t hit 50ms per tick, that’s a non-issue

connection was forefully closed from remote
Something, outside of the server software itself, closed the connection in an unexpected manner

Thanks for the reply :smiley: so it could be router or ubuntu related… which kinda sucks cause if its ubuntu weirdness i have to reinstall ot since it works on windows( still have to test it more)

So far i have added 25565 to every possible firewall on ubuntu (just spammed every command i could find) and its running without a crash.

Thanks to electronicboy i was able to roule out any jar weirdness. Thanks for the effort of looking through my timings. :+1:

For anyone wondering commands i used:

sudo iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 25565 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 25565 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 25565 -j ACCEPT
sudo iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 25565 -j ACCEPT

This is the second Command i spammed cause why not.

sudo ufw allow 25565/tcp
sudo ufw allow 25565/udp

Well Still looking for my problem