Changes to the light theme

So, I noticed that the bright theme is kind of eye-slaughtering. But it’s a lot prettier than the dark theme, so I tested it with a couple of CSS rules added, and it makes it a lot less eye-destroying.

CSS:

body {
    background-color: #ddd;
}

#main-outlet {
    background-color: #efefef;
}

Screenshots:

If I get bored I might also come up with some css style for the dark theme, if no one else does it first.

Good stuff, also! Looks really nice!

Adding onto this, to make the dark theme more like Discord (which is slightly lighter) try the following.

body {
    background-color: #2C2F33;
    color: #efefef;
}

That CSS isn’t complete but it’ll give you an idea of what it might look like.

:thinking:

Yep, exactly!

Definitely a good start. It would be really cool to have the differentiation between foreground stuff and background stuff like @MicleBrick did with the light theme. No idea what colors would work for that though, and I prolly wont get to it tonight.

I like how dark the dark theme currently is, actually. Discord’s dark them isn’t dark enough (its the brightest thing I use). This site actually matches my IJ theme :slight_smile:

It could use more color variation for the background IMO, not have the whole thing one color

Most definitely, just not Discord colors :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s no reason we couldn’t just add a separate “Discord Dark” theme. We don’t have to completely replace the old one.