# Vane - Immersive and lore friendly enhancements for vanilla Minecraft
You can find downloads over at GitHub Releases.
For a comprehensive overview and explanation of all features, visit the online overview, and
visit our GitHub repository. Be sure to have a look at the installation section in the README at github before use!
Vane is a suite of plugins which provide many immersive and lore friendly extensions for vanilla minecraft. It runs on any papermc based server.
These plugins follow a strict no-nonsense rule:
- If you dislike any feature, you can disable it individually.
- Features must be lore friendly, properly integrated and unobstrusive
- Additions should actually be useful
- Augments the classic vanilla experience, and doesn’t try to replace it.
All features are modularized and can be disabled independently of each other.
If you don’t want a certain feature, simply disable it.
Quality of life (vane-trifles)
- Walk faster on grass paths
- Harvest finished crops by right-clicking (or by using a Sickle)
- Double doors open simultaneously
- Sort chests with redstone
- Modify individual connections of walls, fences, etc. and easily modify stair shapes using the File
- Store XP in bottles
- Limit anvil repair cost to remove ‘too-expensive’
- All recipes will be unlocked automatically when joining the server
- Access to gigantic head library (>30000 heads) for decorative purposes, including in-game menu to search and acquire heads by category, tags or name.
- Use the Portal Scrolls to get home or back to where you last used a scroll!
- The Sickle allows you to harvest a small radius of finished crops. Similar to the hand-harvesting addition, this will drop only product and no seeds.
- The File allows you to modify block individual connections of fences, walls, glass panes and blocks alike.
- The Empty Experience Bottle allows you to bottle your experience (right click) for later use. Drinking the full bottle will grant you the stored experience.
Storing experience will cost a small percentage of the bottled xp. It will also calculate in terms of experience and not levels.
- The Portal Scroll (Home) will teleport you to your bed, but it only has a limited amount of uses!
- The Portal Scroll (Unstable) will teleport you back to the location where you last used a portal scroll.
- The Reinforced Elytra allows you to have armor and an Elytra.
Core features (vane-core)
- Full localization support, currently provides english (default) and german.
- Automatically generated resource pack will provide client side translations
- Inaccessible commands will not be shown to players (sends “Unknown Command” instead)
- The server can be automatically stopped after a specified duration without players.
Using this together with vane-waterfall to start the server on demand will
allow you to save server resources while nobody is online.
- Slightly colorized chat message format for better readability
- Convenience commands for time, weather, gamemode, spawn, …
- Hazard protection against creeper/wither explosions, door breaking, …
- Stylish world rebuilding after explosion hazards.
- Whitelist for worlds in which the Wither may be spawned
- Builtin lightweight permissions plugin (permission groups, group inheritance, live editing).
For better control, all default permissions are revoked and need to be added explicitly.
- Players without any permissions cannot alter the world (just look, no touch!)
- Verified players can vouch for new players with
/vouch <player>, which will assign a configured group to the new player.
Multiplayer sleeping (vane-bedtime)
- Skip night with 50% of players sleeping
- Dynmap integration shows player beds
Custom enchantments (vane-enchantments)
- Seamless integration of custom enchantments with the vanilla system
- Wings: Occasionally boost your elytra mid-air by sneaking.
- Soulbound: Soulbound items will be kept on death. Also prevents yeeting your best tool out of existence.
- Rake: Tilling farmland again will till the nearest block around it. Use repeatedly on farmland to create a circle.
- Careless: Tilling long grass will remove it and till the block below. Useful in combination with Rake to automatically till grass with long grass on top.
- Seeding: Right click your crops to plant crops of the same type around them. Use multiple times to create a circle.
- Takeoff: Double jump to start gliding with your elytra and receive a small boost.
- Hell Bent: Don’t hurt your head when flying into a wall. Again.
- Grappling Hook: Finally put that fishing rod to good use!
- Leafchopper: Remove leaves instantly with your axe. Leaves will drop items as if they decayed naturally.
- Angel: A legendary enchantment to accelerate your elytra while pressing shift! Gives a more natural feeling than using rockets. Elytra go brrrr! (Replaces Wings)
- Unbreakable: Well… A legendary enchantment for truly unbreakable items. Extremely expensive. (Replaces Unbreaking and Mending)
- Build portals of arbitrary shape and orientation to get around easily (even horizontal!)
- Correctly retains velocity of players, so you can fly through it
- Apply different styles to portals so they fit your building style
- Dynmap integration shows icons for global portals
- Players can buy a patch of land, and may control certain environmental conditions and player permissions for that area
- Regions created by admins can be used to protect gobal areas (e.g. spawn).
- Seamless integration into chest-like menus instead of commands.
- Integrates with portals to allow only players witha the portal permission to operate portals in the region
- Integrates with dynmap to make regions visible on the online map
- Visual region selection indicator
Proxy plugin (vane-waterfall)
- Authentication multiplexing: Grant players any amount of additional accounts (e.g. useful for secondary spectator accounts).
This works by proxying logins from a different port and changing UUIDs.
- Servers can be started automatically when a player tries to join.
pingcommand to check server ping as recieved by the proxy.
maintenancecommand to schedule maintenance times. While maintenance is active, players without a bypass permission can’t join servers.