Zombies and skeletons don't burn in daylight? 1.16.1

SOLUTION HAS BEEN FOUND see below

Hey, i have been running a private paper server. I started a brand new world when paper was released for 1.16. i think i waited until release “paper-26” and the first time i updated was to “paper-86” then “paper-91” and my problems started some time in between or with the update.

THE ISSUE:
Mobs skeletons and zombies ignore daylight, they don’t burn in direct sunlight. even if not wearing armor “helmet” I have looked throug: server.properties, paper.yml, bukkit.yml, spigot.yml to see if i could change some criterias og rules. but without any luck, and with frustrations from my friends and I whom play on the server, i hope to get some help or answers here on your website.

Tried:
I updated to “paper-101” with a fresh install of paper, draged “world” +end&nether to the “new” server, put in new datapacks from xizuma’s list. Unfortunatly this was without any luck and the mobs are still NOT burning :slight_smile:
update i just tried pulling the overworld save to a local single player, and the problem is still there.

Info:
All players use optifine
server is a late 2014 mac mini with 8GB ram
server is running latest macOs Catalina
and it’s soul purpose is to run minecraft server

I think it’s a mob issue, because on my server the phantoms are catching on fire at dawn :clock6:
we are very spread out on the server, and we are having this problem without fail at all bases

Thank you for your interrest in my issue :smiley:

I might have been lazy, but i aparently had to post this even though i did find the error, after some intesive troubleshooting hours.

SOLUTION: I had installed a lot of datapack, one of which is called “count mob deaths v1.0.1.zip” which is used for testing mob farms, apparently it has some compatability errors with 1.16.1

I hope this post might help another lost soul, frustratred, that one can not just alter the mob rules/behavior

We’re on same boat, light in PaperMC is buggy recently now I think…
in my case Zombie and Skeleton is on fire even there is a block above there head
“Sky Lighting server side is not update properly” maybe …

I think it’s a mob issue, because on my server the phantoms are catching on fire at dawn :clock6

we are very spread out on the server, and we are having this problem without fail at all bases