Villager breeder not working in 1.16

Alright, so here’s the rundown. I just updated my Minecraft server to paper, and the villager breeder that I’ve made isn’t working at all. I’ve afk’d over night, using ImpulseSV’s villager breeder design, and came back to see that not a single baby villager was made. I’m pretty sure that this is a Paper issue, as when I run the server in Vanilla, it works just fine. I’ve tinkered around with the settings, according to this post that was created in 1.15, but have not seen any changes:

Furthermore, after coming back in the morning, I’ve seen that the farmer villager only planted maybe 10 crops, despite me giving him 5+ stacks of carrots. I know that he’s actively farming, because my collection system showed 10+ stacks of carrots, but he’s not farming to the maximum level.

So: Villagers are tossing food, but there are no hearts, and no kids. Mob griefing is set to true, the server is running on default spigot and paper yml settings. What can I do?

What version of paper are you running? (run /paper version). If not the latest, update.

Paper version git-Paper-77 (MC: 1.16.1) (Implementing API version 1.16.1-R-.1-SNAPSHOT)

Build 80 fixed the villager issues. Please update to latest. Its a good habit to check every day for updates to paper. The dev team releases updates very quickly, sometimes 5 or 6 a day.

Amazing. Thank you!!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I checked the version by doing /paper version and it said that we are using the latest version.