Paper 1.8 or 1.8.9

Dear forums, I wanted to make a 1.8 or a 1.8.9 mc server but i cant seem to find 1.8 or 1.8.9
can u plz link me to a download or is 1.8 the same as 1.8.8?

Downloads for old versions can be found in the legacy tab at the bottom of the downloads page. However, those builds are NOT supported anymore.

i found it.
https://papermc.io/api/v2/projects/paper/versions/1.8.8/builds/443/downloads/paper-1.8.8-443.jar

For people reading this down the line as theoretically 6.1k people have googled this and landed here, 1.8.9 was really a client exclusive release and never existed in bukkit land. While mojang did release a 1.8.9 server, it had no real changes and only changed the startup message. You will be able to join a 1.8.8 server from a 1.8.9 client. There is no difference between the two.

However do note that 1.8 is no longer supported nor updated and can not be recommended for use. It has many bugs/exploits that remain unpatched as it has not been worked on for a very long time.

In response to the possible question asked months after I post this “BuT hYpixEl usEs 1.8!” they have (and pay) their own development team to maintain their own server software for them.

thanks. I waited 1 year for this

thanks i waited almost 1 year for this

it’s only linked on the legacy downloads page