Errors after updating Java

Hello paper, I’m new, sorry if I made a mistake reporting something.

So, I recently upgraded from Jdk8 to Jdk16 and after that my 1.8.8 servers get some errors like the illegal-access error (Which I tried to fix with the “–illegal-access=permit” flag but to no avail). Is there a way to solve this?

The errors I have are:
https://mclo.gs/m4FKqnJ (I’m not using Aternos)

Server version: Paperspigot-1.8.8 last build
Panel: Pufferpanel
Memory: 1Gb(this is my lobby).
Processor: I5-3330
SO: Ubuntu 18.04

Start: ${java} --illegal-access=permit -Xmx${memory}M -Dterminal.jline=false -Dterminal.ansi=true -Djline.terminal=jline.UnsupportedTerminal -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=4 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:+PerfDisableSharedMem -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=https://mcflags.emc.gs -Daikars.new.flags=true -jar paper.jar

There’s a reason the downloads page says 1.8.8 is unsupported, and that’s because it doesn’t get updated anymore. Continuing to run outdated software with Java 16 is bound to cause problems, and any “solution” that doesn’t involve rewriting the code causing the error is going to be a temporary bandage that won’t work after a few Java updates. I suggest you update to a supported version.

So there’s no way to “reduce the problem”?

Is there a way to run Java 8 and Java 16 separately?

Is there a way to run Java 8 and Java 16 separately?

Yes. Just download both and, instead of running java, run \path\to\java8 in your startup script.

Friend, could you help me with this? I’m not so knowledgeable about it.
The puffer panel has a line called: “path to java executable” whose value is “java”. Do you mean that?

I have both (Java 8 and Java 16) still installed. If I change this, will the issue be resolved?

Find where you installed Java 8 to, and then find, inside of that, a file called java (in a subfolder named bin) Then write the path to that file in the panel.

Java 8:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java

Great. So put that as the path in your panel for you 1.8.8 server. If you have newer servers too, you can leave them as plain java or use the full path to Java 16 if you want (though the latter will force you to change each path after a major Java update)

Okay, thanks for help-me Zombie :wave: :+1: