Entrypoint.sh Issue - Not sure what it is at all

So first of all I want to do a sumarry of my server specs:

• 2 CPU Cores
  • 8 GB of ram
  • 15 GB of Storage
  • It is a PaperMC connected by a bungeecord network
  • OS: Ubuntu 20.4 (Im not sure at all but this is the default one)
  • Powered by Java 16

Second, the plugin list:

• EssentialsX and EssentialsX-Chat
  • Citizens, DeluxeHub 3, FAWE (FastAsyncWorldEdit), ItemEdit, PlaceholderAPI, ServerSelectorX, Shopkeepers, HolographicDisplays, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Vault
  • Skript + Skungee
  • bStats (It is in default but im not sure at all)

So here is my case:
Once my server starts, there are 2 things that use to happen:

• The server can generate a Crash Dump at the first seconds that it is online, it usually point either at some random stuff im not understanding at all, or just blames the Citizens Plugin
  • Some seconds after that, it finally lets me in, but after a few seconds, it can either:
    - Generate another crash and throw an entrypoint.sh error
    - Abruptly stops and throws the entrypoint.sh error

The entrypoint.sh error is this line of code:
>..../entrypoint.sh: line 15: 33 Killed java -Xmx8192M -Xms8192M -jar server.jar

I am not sure if it is because of too much ram, lack of cpu or something, but all my plugins are updated, there is no way of being an entity overload as mob spawning is disabled and I’m not using any sort of portal frames, but I could either blame the Citizens plugin or the server startup command

If you need anything else please reply to this post

Are you using docker or something?
If yes. Have you tried without plugin?
is it working outside Docker (If you’re using docker)

If you’re not using docker then what inside Entrypoint.sh

Hi Tackleza!
I’m not sure exactly what do you refer to when you say: Docker

Unless it is a docker image, but I’m not sure at all

Yes, we do use docker, however, we are on a host, not actually running docker, the host uses docker.

in that case: try to see if it works without allocating the max ram the docker container has, as paper does need some ram overhead outside of the JVM if it is indeed crashing because it’s out of memory

Do you mean to change the startup command instead?

In that case, how much RAM would you recommend for a 20 player lobby?

yes, but there’s no golden advice for that.

change it to something that is NOT your maximum amount of ram (personally would do 2G for your lobby), as your server itself also needs memory for basic operating system functionality. with all your memory dedicated to java, it can’t do anything!

New Issue!

/entrypoint.sh: line 15:    31 Killed                  java -Xms128M -Xmx18432M -Dterminal.jline=false -Dterminal.ansi=true -jar server.jar

This time my host provider provided me with additional RAM for the basic system functionality, but after this update, the server crashed again…

Same question, what is happening!?

Server Specs:

• Unlimited CPU Cores
  • PaperMC Standalone
  • Ubuntu 20.4