Having issues? Report them on the Github Issues page!
Click the link above and go to the issues tab.
Made by Eric (yoonicode.com)
Inspired by Dream on YouTube
How It Works
Three teams: Hunters, Runners, and Spectators
Hunters try to kill the runners before they beat the enderdragon. Runners must beat the enderdragon before they get killed once!
- Compass tracking: Right-click with your compass to choose who to track, then the compass will point to that runner!
- Portal tracking: If a runner is in the nether, the compass will track their last-used portal!
- Teams assignment: Automatically assigns in-game
/teamto distinguish between players with colors!
- Discord integration: Optionally integrate with Discord for extra features!
- Auto role assignment: Automatically assign Discord roles according to teams
- Music player: Automatically (or manually) play music in your Discord voice channel that mirrors the action happening!
Instructions For Use
- Download the latest release from the Github link up top.
- Move the .jar to your plugins folder.
- Make sure your config file is up to date and has all the required options.
- Assign roles with
- If you want automatic music, type
- After the headstart period is over, hunters should be able to start tracking runners by selecting someone to track by right-clicking with their compass.
Note: teams are not persistent between server sessions— if you shut down the server you’ll have to re-assign teams and type
Discord Setup Instructions
- Create a Discord app from the Developer Portal (discord [dot] com/developers/applications).
- Add a Bot under the bots tab.
- Take note of your Client ID (in the General Information tab) and your Token (under the Bot tab).
- Go to the following link, replacing
123YourClientID456with your client ID:
- Select the Discord server to add your bot to.
- Add your Client ID and Token to the respective fields in the config file.
- Go to your Discord server, and add the following values to the config file, in accordance with the table above (you can
Right Click > Copy IDif you turn on Developer Mode in Discord settings!)
- the ID of your server
- the ID of the voice channel you want your music to play in
- the ID of the hunter, runner, and spectator Discord roles you want to be automatically assigned
Note: For auto-role-assignment to work, each Discord user’s nickname for your Server must be set to their Minecraft username.
/speedrunner <username>: Assign speedrunner role
/hunter <username>: Assign hunter role
/spectator <username>: Assign spectator role
/start: Start the match
/end: End the match
/compass: Give yourself a compass
/music: Controls the Discord music
/music list: Gets a list of available tracks to play.
/music <trackname>: Plays a specific track by nickname and turns off auto-music.
/music stop: Stops all music playing and turns off auto-music.
/music auto: Turns on auto-music, which plays different tracks based on game events and hunter/runner distance.
/music forceupdate: Forces the music to update to match the current hunter/runner distance. Use
/music stopfirst if a special event track is playing.
plugins/MinecraftManhunt/config.yml file with the following options:
|headStartDuration||How long the hunters should get blindness and slowness when the match starts.||int||Required|
|compassEnabledInNether||Set to true to allow the compass to work in the nether.||boolean||Required|
|enableDiscord||Set to true to turn on Discord integration. Read below for more information.||boolean||Required|
|discordToken||Enter the token of your Discord bot here.||string||Required if
|ip||The Discord status message portion. Will display as
|discordServerId||The ID of your Discord server that the bot is on.||string||Required if
|musicChannelId||The ID of the voice channel that the bot should play music on.||string||Required if
|hunterRoleId||The ID of the role to assign to Hunters.||string||Required if
|runnnerRoleId||The ID of the role to assign to Runners.||string||Required if
|spectatorRoleId||The ID of the role to assign to Spectators.||string||Required if
- This project uses Maven. To build, run the
- Pull requests and Issues are welcome!
- Bukkit/Spigot plugin library
- JDA: Java Discord Library
- LavaPlayer: Audio Player for Discord