Connection Error

Hey y’all. I’m pretty new to trying to host a paper server and I’ve just been trying to get one up for me and my friends to be able to play on. I believe that I have the server itself set up because if I go into server.properties and don’t enter any IP address I can connect through local host. When I run into the issues is when I put the local IP address into the server.properties folder, 192.168.1.3. I’ve double checked and this is the local IP of the computer that I’m running the server on. After that the only way I can connect is if I type in my local IP address, but I, nor any of my friends can connect using my external IPv4 address. We all get an error that says this, “io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information:”. I have port forwarded in my router and I’m using the default port of 25565. I know that it’s also not a firewall error with my computer as I completely turned my firewall off for a few minutes in order to see if that was the issue. I’ve been working on this and looking around online for the better part of 5-6 hours now and I’m still completely lost. Can anyone help?

Edit: I have also tried checking this website (https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/) with the server open and running and it tells me that the port is closed.

1 Like

Hi there, I also need help with this issue, can someone please help us? that would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been trying to find a fix to this issue for months now and still can’t find a solution. Thank you for your time.