1.17 High usage Ram

I want to ask… Is it normal that 1player consumes almost 1gb ram? Or it will get better.

Thx for answers

Firstly, 1 GB of RAM is nothing. If that’s too much for your server, I suggest you find another server. Secondly, the server will use all the RAM you tell it to. If you set -Xmx1G in your flags, it should use 1 G. If you didn’t set any flags and just launch the server by double-clicking the jar file, and wish to limit the amount of RAM your server can use, see this blog post for recommended flags and where to set the amount of RAM. However, I very strongly suggest you do not limit your server to less than 1 GB of RAM as it will cause a significant performance decrease and possibly crashing.

I have 10gb ram joined is 5players and the pice of crap is using 8.89gb ram

[If you] wish to limit the amount of RAM your server can use, see this blog post for recommended flags and where to set the amount of RAM.

Basicly u mean max ram for server?

Yes

But it will lag if it will use 100% of allocated ram isnt it?

No. The JVM does not return unused memory to the Operating System. This is intentional, and if you were to watch your server’s RAM usage from a system monitor, you would see it continuously climb until it reaches the maximum amount of RAM it is told it can use (the value of the Xmx flag, plus JVM overhead). Therefore, not all the RAM shown as “used” by system monitors is actually being used, and much of it is usually sitting there waiting for the server to use it.

TL;DR 100% RAM allocated is not bad

10gb ram the server has for use
So if is online 5players and using 9gb ram. That basicly means i can run server with 20players on 10gb ram on 100% gb ram?

It doesn’t mean you can, but it also doesn’t mean you can’t. Your CPU might not be able to handle the load, or you might actually run out of memory, however just that you are already using 9 GB does not mean you don’t have room for more players.